Every type of commercial flooring has different demands. Especially commercial kitchens these are demanding areas, so their flooring is required to perform optimally. With frequent spills, heavy equipment, exposure to grime, and pounding feet, it is just necessary to invest in it.
Why commercial kitchen floors matter
The kitchen floor has a critical role in the commercial food industry. The top reasons include:
- Sanitation – Commercial flooring is regulated for many reasons. For kitchen floors, these regulations include sanitation as it is important for the customers’ safety as well as that of the employees. With the possibility of bacteria collection and pooling, it is necessary for these floors to be sanitary.
- Safety of the employees – Cooks and chefs work fast when many orders arrive from customers. Spillage, grease, and chips are therefore expected. Consequently, the floor must be slip-resistant for the safety of the employees from the risks of slips and falls.
- Heavy traffic – Related to the demanding work that commercial kitchen employees have, these areas need to be durable from the heavy traffic.
- Visual appeal – Many kitchens are not open to customers, but other restaurants’ kitchens are partially viewable to customers. This promotes the cleanliness and safe production of food as part of the top service they provide. The same is reassuring for the customers.
These reasons are why commercial kitchen floors require a flooring material that can address the particular needs of commercial kitchens.
The Benefits of Epoxy Flooring for Commercial Kitchens
Epoxy is a combination of two different chemicals – a hardener, and resin. It is poured into a concrete base. After pouring it, the epoxy hardens. Epoxy flooring has characteristics that address all commercial flooring needs, particularly in commercial kitchens. Learn more of these below:
- Highly durable – Commercial epoxy floor coating is durable and porous in that it prevents liquids from penetrating the surface. Thus, it can handle spills, including chemicals and acids. This ability allows it from discoloration.
- Easy to install and maintain – Installing epoxy is simple, but this does not mean that you can DIY it. Moreover, it is scratch-resistant and maintaining it is not costly.
- Slip-resistant – Safety is crucial for kitchen floors. That is why the slip resistance of an epoxy floor helps for the safety of employees in commercial kitchens. This prevents slip and fall accidents.
- Hygienic – Commercial epoxy floor coating has a seamless floor structure, preventing toxic, fungus, mold, and moisture accumulation and minimizing harboring bacteria. The strict standard of commercial kitchens with sterility and hygiene will benefit from this capability of an epoxy floor. Furthermore, it is chemical resistant. Thus, making this flooring easy to clean, which any kitchen requires for the protection of the customers as well as the employees.
If you own or plan to own a restaurant, make sure to choose the best among the professional commercial epoxy floor contractors Pasco County in your area. When you do so, you will see how these benefits will help grow your business and improve how your employees work.