If you wonder how long your new paint should last, the simple answer is in your hands – literally your hands. Maintenance is essential so that your wall paint can last up to a decade or even more. Like any other part of your home, maintenance increases the lifespan of an object. For instance, your walls, similar to your skin, are your body’s largest organ. Prone to various damages, it requires proper care. Your walls need it, too. It is essential to clean and maintain your house painting so you do not need to retouch it more often than it should be.
There are many brands in the market. Choosing a paint color may not be a problem but choosing the right brand is crucial to less stressful days ahead. A reputable paint supplier should have known and quality home painting brands readily available. Because quality is usually attributed to a steeper price, you would need to increase your budget a little. Do not worry, as a few more bucks added to your budget should reward you with less stress and a timeless piece – a work of art!
Use appropriate paint tools.
Tools for painting exist for a reason. Never try to DIY your way around your paint job just because you think you are resourceful. Many homeowners who have done DIY paints use inappropriate tools, which eventually leads to poor or subpar output. Having the best interior paint job also means using the appropriate wall painting tools. Also, pre-job and post-job methods are essential. Here are some tips from professional painters:
1. Preparing the walls before anything else – preparing the wall is a must! Make sure that the surface is dry and not moist. Painting on drywall will help the paint seamlessly stay and dry down with ease.
2. Appropriate paint tools help – without a doubt, appropriate paint tools used accordingly should save you half of your time. Paint tools are designed to give you the optimal application job for paint on various types of wall surfaces. It can also provide you with different finishes!
3. Use quality brand – quality brand means quality output. If you do not want to stress out about fading or crispy paints, you should only source suitable paints in the market.
Maintenance – a post-job obligation
A few weeks into painting your home, your wall looks neat. As it dries, the color vibrancy of the walls is in its optimal state. If you want to sustain this look, maintenance is an important part. Do not worry! Home interior paintings Orlando are easier to maintain. Just make sure to follow these tips:
1. Wash the walls – wipe the surface of your walls with a clean and moist cloth to remove stains. This is especially important in walls near the cooking and washing area where stains from oil and other materials can mark the walls.
2. Dust the walls – dusting your walls once a month should be enough to keep outbuilding up dirt and dust from your walls. Whether you have a commercial unit or a residential unit, dusting is a natural occurrence at home. Never let dust build up as it will easily damage the walls and the paint.
3. Repair minor damages – house paint should be repaired if you see minor injuries. The most common damage is holes and cracks where moisture can go through and damage the rest of the walls. Patching it up will prevent any bubbling or peeling of your house paint.